Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thank God for the Magisterium!

.
Mark Shea is one of the best writers and bloggers (Catholic and Enjoying it) out there. And I never read him. If I did, I'd have to cut my sleep time down to 15 minutes a night. I don't know how he does it. Not only does he post tons of articles on his blog a day, he also is an editor of CatholicExchange.com and does the same there and writes for the National Catholic Register (where he has just a column once a week) and other places.

Many modern people have the notion that the principal mission of the Catholic Church is to impose belief on unbelievers. The reality is that most its time is spent trying to restrain belief in everything from spoon-bending to the aliens who allegedly speak to us through a cat in Poughkeepsie. . . . Catholic Exchange.com

3 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

Yeah - he often gets a bad rap - but I like him.

Unknown said...

I repeat that he is a very good writer.

But I got into a flame war with him once when I was very critical of Reagan at the time of his death when Shea and many others were in a state of abject mourning akin to that experienced by huge numbers when England's "Princess Di" died.

But what he writes is worth reading. But I just don't have the time to read the local stuff, let alone Shea. And I'm a very fast reader.

Terry Nelson said...

Oh - I understand - yes - to many Reagan was a saint...

Whatever.