Sunday, February 3, 2008

Argument of the Month Club, Feb 12, 6:30 p.m.: Dale Ahlquist on "Catholic Social Teachiing: Why Liberals AND Conservatives Get It Wrong

.
February 12, 2008
: The Argument Of The Month Club, a men’s forum for Catholic Apologetics, is hosting Dale Ahlquist, whose topic is,” Catholic Social Teaching: Why Liberals AND Conservatives Get It Wrong.” The social is from 6:30 pm, with Dinner at 7:00 pm, followed by the talk.

Men and Boys Only; No Salads

The event is being held at St. Augustine’s Catholic Church, 408-3rd Street North in South St. Paul, Mn at a cost of $12 at the door. For information, call: Kent Wuchterl at 612-722-8444.

8 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Exclusivist macho tyranny at its finest!!!!

I'm going to drive by and throw some romaine and light salad dressing at the church-that'll show ya!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Dang, I got all excited by the topic then I read that it was for men only. I know men don't have enough men's only events anymore but I think this topic would be great for a wider audience.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Psssstt, hey, Cathy...maybe we could pull a Yentl dealio and trick 'em all? I don't know, though. I think maybe my giant belly would give us away in a minute...unless I could pass it off as a "beer belly"?

Unknown said...

There was some talk of maybe starting a group with salads next year. I'll raise the subject next Tuesday.

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Crazy Mama: Maybe we could go as the 2 Fat Ladies from Britain? Remember, the cooking show? Oh, wait one of them died. Never mind.

LOL!

Ray: I don't believe for one minute you are going to raise the topic of a women's group at such a manly gathering. Why throw your manhood into question?

Unknown said...

How right you, Ms. Cathy of Alex!

But, I do show up early to thrust my paws and elbows in the potatoes, veggies and cheesy sauces so as to mix them to the right consistency for the main calorie-laden-courses.

After we sample the Summit and the Chateau J.P. Echert to make sure that it is of the proper vintage and temperature, I might toss out the idea of a distaff branch for the A.O.T.M.C.

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Wait a minute, you guys check vintage and temp? WTH?!? I thought the true caveman just drinks? Oh, I get it, this is really a wine tasting party, right?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, Ms. Cathy, we're "Catholic Cavemen." And we do use the same vendor that Father Echert does for his church wine.

I still can't figure out how to be recognized by your computer.