Thursday, March 26, 2009

St. Bernard's Grade School Closing

.
[Links to the Catholic Spirit, the Pioneer Press and the Strib added by an interested blogger.]


Cathy here! Ray has been having some computer issues so I'm taking over this blog! Bwah-ha-ha!

St. Bernard's Catholic Church on St. Paul's North End will be closing it's grade school after this academic year. The high school will remain open. Thus, some of the classic Aggie-Bernard rivalry will continue!

I've heard the high school will be offering a Baccaulaureate program but the article online does not mention that. I recall the print edition story did.

St. Seton and Holy Trinity, both in St. Paul, have already announced closures.

I'm sad but what can we expect?

I attribute these closings to 4 factors:

1) contraception
2) people leaving the faith and/or not passing it on
3) Catholic migration out of the cities to the suburbs
4) family instability: divorce, seperation, remarriage, cohabitation

One of the nice things about owning a blog is that I can edit whatever I want. Cathy did a great job on this report, but you might want to check out the Catholic Spirit's article on the closing HERE, or that of the Strib or the Pioneer Press.
Post a Comment