Friday, October 31, 2008

NaPraGoMo

.
As long as many of you are in a prayer mood, in these final days prior to the election (I'm doing the 9-1-1 Novena!), why not try the NaPraGoMo: National Pray to God Month, for the month of November.

All that's required is 15 minutes more prayer a day. If your "deadly sin" is Acedia (Spiritual Sloth), then all that is required is 15 minutes a day.

That could be a fast Rosary, a slow Divine Mercy Chaplet. a passel of Litanies or pray for everyone you know, or for whom you think needs prayers.

The Ironic Catholic, a Theology Professor came up with the idea to counter those who plan on writing a novel in November. But the I.C. will be sending emails to all who sign up to encourage them and perhaps give them prayerful ideas.

See the web page here!

You also might want to look at Our Lady's Tears or So Many Devotions, two of the most prayerful blogs around.

2 comments:

The Ironic Catholic said...

Thanks for the tip Ray!

Blessed praying out there.

Unknown said...

You're welcome, I.C.

So far, the first two days of November, I'm doing OK.

But I have a plan. My sidebar is full of meditative web pages if I can't think of a way to spend the extra 15" in prayer.