Friday, August 28, 2009

It's a Mad, Mad, Secular, Antagonistic World

.
I just got back from the Planned Parenthood abortion factory in St. Paul where I have recently been joining a small group led by Fr. Randy Kasel (of St. Charles parish in Bayport, 30 miles distant) that meets at 3:00 each Friday, the Hour of Divine Mercy, to say the Rosary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and other prayers for the the employees, customers and patients of that for-profit, government subsidized company, and their victims.

It is located on Ford Parkway, a very busy street, and a fair number of drivers signal their opinion of us , favorable or unfavorable, hard to say, with their horns. Some shout F-bombs out the windows of their cars. One lady today pulled over, stopped and yelled out: "I no longer bring my son to the library on Fridays so my son won't have to see you people!" A large St. Paul branch library is right across the street.

That reminded me of a Catholic patient that I visited at a hospital last week. As I normally do when I enter a room, knock, introduce myself, maybe find out where the patient is from, and then ask, "May I say an Our Father for you while you are in the hospital?" He responded "Why?" I responded, "Well, you ARE in the hospital."
Post a Comment