Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What the heck is going on? Stella Borealis going international?

.
I normally don't make comments about "Stella", this blog that has been in existence since March of 2006. I thank all of you visitors who have helped to keep it in existence.

I think most are aware that I attempt to cover Catholic news and events of interest in Minnesota and the surrounding states.

But just now, I glanced over at that gizmo/gadget that I put in the sidebar to your right and I see six recent visitors from:

Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya (Former British colony)
Sibenik, Sibensko-Kninska (no clue where that is - Google says Croatia, formerly Yugoslavia, formerly Austria-Hungary)
Haar, Bayern (Bavaria,Germany; I was stationed there in the Army, but I have no clue where that is)
Tallinn, Harjumaa (I think that's Estonia or Latvia, formerly USSR, formerly Poland) [Estonia!]
Bangalore, Karnataka (That's either Pakistan or Bangladesh, formerly the same country, formerly British Indja) [Nope! It's Indja still, (British pronunciation]
Taipei, Tai-pei (That's Taiwan, formerly Formosa, formerly Imperial China)

Wow! If you go all the way down to the bottom of this page, you will see my Sitemeter map that keeps track of visitors. They refreshed it recently, otherwise it would be solid red in some areas. But it shows you that the Internet and Blogging is truly international.

Most foreign visitors probably end up here because of Stella's Latin name: Star of the North. But many might be Americans working overseas, too.

By clicking on "real time" at the bottom of the thingie, I found Glasgow, Scotland (someday soon they hope to be their own country) and Manitoba and Ontario, Canada, once British North America.

2 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

You are big Ray! Really big! I bet the Pope reads you. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Ray, get over to Father Z's. There a poll on and SB can help!