Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Dreaded Two by Four Meme; Never heard of it? Now you have!

.
An eon or so ago, June 8, that pesky Adoro, who most of you know, who should dread memes as the cause of one more post for her day, went out scouting for one and then chose me to further it according to the Meme Rules Society regulations.

Here are the rules: Share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. Then share four things you want to try new in the next four years.


Four New Things in the Past Four Years:

1). This one is easy. I learned to blog. Some of you may have noticed. But I have yet to register on the "Higher Beings" category on the Truth Laid Bear scale.
2). [Alert to my "tone-deaf" siblings] I have joined a new Gregorian Chant men's group and have been taking singing lessons. First time since grade school. And I haven't been thrown out of it yet. Our overly-ambitious leader, his eyes on an appearance some day in St Peter's (Rome, not Mendota) figures we will be ready for a public perfomance in about 20 days. We'll be singing in Latin, so those of you who can't wait for the Motu Proprio, you can come and cheer for us. I guess "cheer" is not the right word.
3). I have become an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion in a hospital. That has been an Extraordinary Experience for me.
4). I opened a little business to sell much of my book collection on Alibris.com. One can quite well as opposed to selling them to a book dealer who would need to make a profit and perhaps hold the book for several years before it sells.

Four Things in the Next Four Years:

1). I need to get a part time job. You know where to find me 23 hours a day. Right here.
2). I need to do something about the 260+ messages sitting in my Outlook inbox and the files on two dead computers.
3). I have to assemble all of my family history research into some sort of readable file and start depositing it in various places so that others can use it. Few of my relatives have expressed much interest.
4). One of my cousins, younger than me, is suffering from cancer and it's serious. I have lost contact with most of my first cousins and know few more remote cousins. I should make some kind of attempt so that we can all get together now and then. Most of them live in Duluth or the Twin Cities, I think.

I'll leave it to which of my 14o or so weekly readers who visit Stella Borealis to let them try out the meme concept using the Two by Four Meme.

2 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Geometricus thinks you will be ready in 20 DAYS? Or, was that supposed to be 20 YEARS?

In any case, let me know, I'll come and nod approvingly or wince painfully as the situation calls for. No cheering or clapping in the sanctuary for heaven's sake, Ray!

Adoro said...

DREADED? DREADED?

Fine. See if I tag YOU again!

:-)

Can't wait to hear y'all sing!