Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Local Bloggers Defend Archdiocese Against Tabloid Charges

.
Michael Brown of the trashy Spirit Daily, who is always on the lookout for dirt to titillate the unwashed masses, has done a job on the Archdiocese of St Paul and Minneapolis. Two of our finest bloggers have come to its defense and you should read them. Terry of AbbeyRoads2 and Cathy of Alexandria (Egypt, not Minnesota) of Recovering Dissident Catholic, our expert on "dissidentcy" have really shown their abilities.

I knew about a lot of the allegations that Brown raised but consider them to be exaggerations and simplifications and designed to bring out a negative image of our Church and its local leaders. I don't have much to add to what Terry and Cathy said, so I'll just put my comment from Cathy's blog here:

Ray from MN said...

Extremely well done, Cathy. Thank you.

My Guardian Angel must have been coaching me when, 14 months ago, when I was first starting out in this blogging avocation, I discovered you, Adoro, Terry, the Hadleys from Our Word as top notch people who could write well and with whom I wanted to be associated.

Other wonderful people have come along since then who also can write well on interesting and important subjects.

Other areas may have superstars, but I would rank as a group the people who blog here as competent as any employed at professional journals or newspapers at covering what serious Catholics need to know. And we do it in an entertaining and cooperative manner. We like each other!

You know that I am familiar with much of what has been going on in the dissident factions around here and your rebuttal here of Michael Brown's tabloid-style trashing of our archdiocese was excellently done.

No comments: