Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Priest, Minister of Divine Mercy: An Aid for Confessors and Spiritual Directors

,
The Priest, Minister of Divine Mercy


An Aid for Confessors and Spiritual Directors


CONGREGATION FOR THE CLERGY


http://www.clerus.org/clerus/dati/2011-05/20-13/Sussidio_per_Confessori_en.pdf



Introduction: Towards Holiness, p. 5

I. THE MINISTRY OF PENANCE AND RECONCILIATION WITH A VIEW TO CHRISTIAN HOLINESS, p. 8

II. The Ministry of Spiritual Direction, p. 29

CONCLUSION: “LET CHRIST BE FORMED IN YOU” [Gal: 4:29], p. 56

Subject Index, p. 59

APPENDIX I: EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE FOR PRIESTS, p. 64 [This is a short version ofr the full examination.]


1. Do I really take holiness seriously in my priesthood?

2. Is the Holy Sacrifi ce of the Mass the centre of my spiritual life?

3. Do I celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass according to the rites and rubrics established by the Church?

4. Do I enjoy being in the presence of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, in meditation and in silent adoration?

5. Do I carefully make a daily meditation and try to overcome all distractions which separate me from God?

6. Do I celebrate the Liturgy of the Hours every day in an integral, dignified, attentive and devout manner?

7. Is the Lord Jesus Christ the true love of my life?

8. In my daily life, am I weak, lazy or indolent?

9. Do I love Christian poverty?

10. Am I guilty of the sins of pride: spiritual difficulties, susceptibility, irritation, unwillingness to forgive, tendencies to despondency, etc.? Do I ask God to give me the virtue of humility?

11. Am I convinced that when I act “in the person of Christ” that I am directly involved with the same Body of Christ, the Church?

12. Nihil sine Episcopo – nothing without the Bishop – was a saying of St Ignatius of Antioch. Are these words at the root of my ministry?

13. Have I been charitable in dealing with my brother priests?

14. Is my knowledge of the teaching of the Church as comprehensive as it should be?

15. Proclamation of the Word leads the faithful to the Sacraments. Do I regularly go to Confession? Do I frequently go to Confession in accordance with my state of life and because of the sacred things with which I am involved?

16. Am I careful to promote vocations to the priesthood and to the religious life?

17. Have I sought to devote myself to others and serve them every day according to the demands of the Gospel?

18. Have I prayed and generously made sacrifices for the good of the souls entrusted to my care by God?

19. Do I entrust myself, full of hope, to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Priests, through love and to love all the more her son Jesus Christ?

20. Am I solicitous in assisting and in administering the sacraments to the dying?

Appendix II: Prayers, p. 69

Table of Contents, p. 71









No comments: