Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Overheard Singing Amid The Papal Throngs In NYC

.
Our very own Ironic Catholic has opened a branch of New York's "Tin Pan Alley" in Winona and written this in honor of His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, recent visitor to Gotham.

(Apparently many were inspired. Sing to the tune of "New York, New York")

Start spreading th' good news (softshoe shuffle)
I'm leaving today (softshoe, twirl, bam!)
I want to share a part in God! - New York, New York!
These dust laden shoes (tappity tappity tap)
are longing to stray (hey, hold on, this is good)
Right through the very heart of God! - New York, New York

I wanna "wake up" in a Savior that never sleeps
And find I'm on top of that hill - light shining bright - salt of the earth and a-praisin' so deep

(drumroll, spontaneous kickline)
These full-of-sin blues
are melting away
I'm gonna start anew with God! - in old New York!
And if I can make it up there, I'll make it anywhere (...that matters!)
It's up to God! - New York, New York!

--I.C.

1 comment:

The Ironic Catholic said...

It's "the new evangelization"!

sort of.

Thanks for the free publicity, Ray!