On November 11th Fr. Echert (Pastor of St. Augustine) vs. David Mathis (Baptist Apologist from Bethlehem Baptist Church)
On November 11th, 2008, the next AOTM forum, at St. Augustine church in South St. Paul, Fr. Echert (Pastor of St. Augustine and Holy Trinity in South St. Paul) and David Mathis (from Bethlehem Baptist church in Minneapolis) have agreed to a good old traditional apologetic debate. Father Echert has a licentiate in Sacred Scripture and has been heard on protestant talk radio defending the Catholic faith. David Mathis is the associate to the famous John Piper, Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church, a well know Baptist apologist from Minneapolis. They have not agreed on a specific topic as of yet, but rumor has it it will be on justification, the authority of the Bible or the sacraments.
The AOTM would like to thank Fr. Zuhlsdorf for a fantastic presentation at the last forum on October 14th. All who attended have said that it was a fantastic presentation. We hosted 186 men that night. That is up from last October of 110 men. The AOTM appreciates such fine speakers like Fr. Z that help us reach so many men. We also thank those who have spread the word and consistently encourage others to come so this apostoalte can further it’s mission. At this time Fr. Z’s presentation is not available to the public. We will post it when it becomes available.
- 6:00pm Social Hour and Appetizers
- 7:00pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Main Presentation
- 8:15pm Dessert
- 8:30pm Q&A
For Just $12 at the door (The total cost for the night) you will get great appetizers (check menu) and beverages, hear a challenging debate while you listen and enjoy a fabulous “Manly Meal” (check menu). Prepare yourself to challenge or simply question the debaters during the Q&A after dessert. Men of all creeds and ages are welcome to join in the good humor, food and fellowship. Priests and seminarians get in free, but will not be shown partiality in debate. Fathers are encouraged to bring their sons.
AOTM Menu, Comfort Food For November 11th:
All AOTM Forums are served buffet style. It is all you can eat and drink.
- Appetizer: Baked Artichoke Dip -Artichokes, cream cheese, herbs, and garlic of course.
- Dinner: Sirloin Tip, wood roasted, then sliced and placed on a bed of pasta covered in a herb cream mushroom garlic sauce. We will also serve a baked dish consisting of a layer of pasta covered with sage sausage smothered with the same mushroom sauce mentioned above, and then covered in mozzarella cheese and baked in the oven to perfection.
- Dessert: Legendary chocolate cake from the Baker’s Wife Bakery in South Minneapolis. This cake is awesome. This Bakery works with us every year. They always give us a good deal and I believe they have the best pastries in town.
- Salad: Nope, none with leafy green things, anyway.
- Sorry Ladies; Men Only