Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tasty "No Meat Fridays" This Year

Abstaining from meat on Fridays during Lent was an entirely different experience for me this year. That's because this year I actually remembered not to eat meat on Fridays. I can't take all the credit; it was mostly due to the daily planner I received at my wedding: my wife, Jodi. I got little e-mail reminders, phone calls and other helpful memory aids each week to keep me honest.

In the past, I always figured that if I didn't remember, I wasn't really doing anything wrong. I pictured God looking down at me, shaking his head, tsk-ing and chuckling to himself about how much of a scatterbrain I am.
Austin Daily Herald

E-Mail reminders work outside of Lent too. I subscribe to Regnum Christi's daily meditation service. I don't do it always first thing in the morning, but generally at some point in the day I spend a little time with it.

If you would like to try it, send an email to:

Regnum Christi Daily Meditation Subscription with the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

Another great site that you would have to open yourself is the Irish Jesuit's "Sacred Space" site. They have wonderful daily meditations that you can use at your own pace.

No comments: