Sunday, July 2, 2006

Who Wouldda Thunk It? Terry of Leaflet Missal Got His Start in the Fashion Industry!

.
Terry our Binary-Blogger, who posts at Abbey-Roads and Rome-ing Catholics, and is a manager at the Leaflet Missal catalog and retail operation in St Paul got his start working for one of the "high flyers" in the ladies fashion industry. For a young guy, that must have been a dream job. Might have been an occasion of sin now and then, too, I guess.

"C'mon, it's just a fun movie!" That's what I tell people when they act surprised that I actually left the house to see a movie in a theatre and tell me my choice is wierd - for a guy. When I was just a boy I started out retail in fashion and went onto management for a large department store. A friend from all those years back stayed on and got a corporate position as Senior Designer. We sort of 'grew up' in a segment of the fashion business and had to know our stuff. I read Vogue, Women's Wear; I went to the markets, I knew who every designer was and who was wearing them, I also knew who were all the top models. (Do you know who the first real super model was? Suzie Parker, a 1950's cover girl who did a stint in the movies.) Yeah, I knew too much, it was my job! [snip] Read the Rest

1 comment:

Terry Nelson said...

Very funny! LOL! Thanx for the link!