Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cloth image of Our Lady of Guadalupe to come to Sioux City


Many people throughout the world have developed a love for Our Lady of
Guadalupe, the pregnant mother of God who appeared to Juan Diego of
Mexico in 1531. The Blessed Mother miraculously left her image on the
tilma - cloak - of Diego.

An exact digital replica of that image, The Missionary Image of
Our Lady of Guadalupe will be in Sioux City on April 1. Among
the activities planned include a 1 p.m. rosary led by Bishop R.
Walker Nickless at Trinity
Heights.

"The image is four-by-six-feet in size," described Stanek. It is an
exact digital image that was reproduced on cloth similar to the original tilma.

1 comment:

Terry Nelson said...

Hi Ray - Thanks for putting me on as a link on your blog! Here is my email - I think - I'm new to this stuff so let me know if this is what you want.

http://www.rome-ing catholics.blogspot.com