Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's been 20 years

.
by moderator Carla

It has been 20 years since I walked into Meadowbrook Clinic in Minneapolis, MN. I longed to see the screaming “protesters” or anyone who could offer me anything other than what I had scheduled. I did not want an abortion but was all alone and too scared and confused to think rationally.

I had no idea what an abortion would be like and wasn’t told anything about it. I had no idea what it meant for my life and how it would affect me and I was not told a thing about that either.

I have walked this road of abortion recovery long enough to know that abortion isn’t simple or easy or painless. In my darkest moments I tried to take my own life over what I had done. The truth of my responsibility in the killing of my first child has been hard to bear. I named my daughter Aubrey.

My love for her fuels any and all of the work I do in the pro-life movement.

I am running a triathlon again this year in hopes of raising awareness of the pain that abortion causes and abortion recovery services. I am also raising funds for the pregnancy care center nearest me, The River Falls Pregnancy Helpline offers help, hope and support to women in unplanned pregnancies.

They offer everything I wanted for myself 20 years ago.

If you would like to donate please see the link on my Outcry Wisconsin blog, and find more information on my Facebook events page.

You can also send a direct donation here:

River Falls Helpline
514 North Main Street
River Falls, WI 54022


Last year I raised close to $1400. This year my goal is $2000!! JillStanek.com

No comments: