Thursday, March 29, 2007

Divine Mercy Egg Rolls; Just What I have been looking for.

.
Speaking as one who exists and is still Catholic ONLY because of Divine Mercy, I was intrigued to see that Holy Family Catholic Church in St Louis Park finally has a web page.

Well, that too.

But this year, they are offering "Divine Mercy Egg Rolls", something that neither the fabulous Google, the nifty Yahoo, nor the upstart Clusty has ever heard of as an incentive to spend the Octave of Easter, now known as "Divine Mercy Sunday, with them. That's enough to get me over there.

Take a gander at the rest of the schedule:

11:00 Holy Sacrifice of the Mass - Father Thomas Dufner, main celebrant
12:00 Oriental/American lunch with lots of famous Divine Mercy egg rolls! - Free Will Offering -- Beautiful religious items and Catholic books for sale in Moorman Hall
1:15 Saint Faustina’s Litany of Divine Praises in Church
-Veneration of Saint Faustina & Saint Margaret Mary’s relics
-Holy Rosary with meditations from Saint Faustina’s Diary
2:00 Fr. Louis Guardiola, C.P.M. of the Fathers of Mercy - Auburn, Kentucky --Father will preach on “Divine Mercy and the Most Holy Eucharist” [That must be the order where the "breathy" Father Casey, occasionally seen on EWTN, harks from.]
2:45 Incensing of the Image, Religious Articles Blessing, Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Renewal of Parish Divine Mercy Consecration and Benediction

The Sacrament of Confession will be available in the afternoon.

Why?

Because Jesus said to Saint Faustina: “My daughter, speak to the world of My inexhaustible Mercy. I desire that this Feast be a refuge and a shelter for all souls, especially for poor sinners. The very depths of My Mercy will be opened on that day. I will pour out a sea of graces upon those souls that will approach the fount of My Mercy on this day.” “Let no soul fear to come to Me, even if it’s sins be as scarlet. This feast emerged from the bosom of My Mercy and is founded in the depths of My Mercies. I desire that it be celebrated with great solemnity on the first Sunday after Easter.”

Holy Family is at 5900 West Lake Street in St Louis Park. [Just west of Hwy 100 and Mtka Blvd where Lake St bends southwesterly]

No comments: