- 10. September 12, 2006: Pope Benedict XVI delivers “Faith and Reason” lecture at the University of Regensburg
- 9. September, 2007: Revelations of Mother Teresa’s “dark night of the soul.”
- 8. July 7, 2007: Benedict XVI signs the Motu Proprio, "Summorum Pontificum"
- 7. May 17, 2008: The University of Notre Dame awards President Barack Obama an honorary degree.
- 6. May 18, 2006: Legionaries of Christ founder Fr. Marciel Maciel censured by Vatican.
- 5. August 15-20, 2000: Largest World Youth Day attendance of the decade in Rome – 2,000,000.
- 4. April 19, 2005: Election of Benedict XVI
- 3. February 9, 2003: Pope John Paul II makes final public appeal to the U.S. to avoid War in Iraq.
- 2. April 2 & 8, 2005: Death & Funeral of Pope John Paul II
- 1. April, 2002: Sex abuse scandal - American Cardinals Summoned to Rome
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Ten "Catholic Moments" of the Past Decade, the "Oughties"
Are these ranked by any particular order? If they are ranked by lasting impact, I'd put the signing of Summorum Pontificum way higher than it is listed here.
One of the purposes, maybe the principal one, of "lists" is to generate discussion.
This one obviously has not had much of an impact here.
I would say in 2019, Summorum Pontificum will really be ranked high. The Church moves slowly. Frustratingly slowly.
Post a Comment