Friday, October 12, 2007

Brave New World, Qwest Division

.
1:50 p.m. CDT, Friday, October 12, 2007
Chat InformationThank you for using Qwest.com. A Qwest Sales and Service Consultant will be with you in just a moment.
Chat InformationThank you for contacting Qwest. My name is Eric E.. How may I help you today?
ray: Four times I have entered my 8 digit new password and it won't take it.
Eric E. : Ray, I will be happy to assist you. Are you trying to login to MyAccount?
ray: Yes
Eric E. : What is your phone number?
ray: 612-555-1212
Eric E. : Just to verify that I am speaking with the responsible party on this account, please provide me with the Qwest billing account code (the last three digits of the Qwest account number on your bill).
ray: This is what I love about computers. There doesn't happen to be an account number on my email. I don't get bills. Do you realize how much time I've wasted already. And the last time I paid, I had this same problem.
Eric E. : I am sorry but I cannot assist you without the account code. If you like I can give you a link from where you can request a bill be sent to you with the code?
ray: Make I speak to a human being or the brilliant individual who sends invoices without account numbers? Or your supervisor, whomever is most convenient? I want to give you money, do you understand that?
Eric E. : Just a moment while I review your account. Thanks for waiting.
Eric E. : Ray, thanks for waiting. If you like I can get you a supervisor. There will be a bit of a wait. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
ray: Please do.
Eric E. : Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Eric E. : Ray, I am sorry for the delay. I am still working on getting a supervisor for you.
Eric E. : Ray, thanks for waiting. I can transfer you to my supervisor now.
ray: OK
Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to Qwest In-Charge.
Chat Information
Thank you for contacting Qwest. My name is Qwest In-Charge. How may I help you today?
ray: Were you baptized as "Qwest In-Charge?" I don't think that would be legal in Denmark.
ray: Anyway, I'm trying to get into my account to pay my bill and your rep wanted a number from my bill, but I don't get a bill from you, I get an email with no account number on it. How do I pay my bill?
Qwest In-Charge: I apologize, but for security reasons I am not able to provide you your account code. You may order a duplicate copy of your bill at the following link:
Qwest In-Charge: http://www.qwest.com/residential/customerService/bill_reprint.html
Qwest In-Charge: This is for security purposes, Ray.
ray: Do you get lots of people who want to pay other people's bills?
ray: Why don't you put the account number on the email that tells me what my bill is?
Qwest In-Charge: MyAccount is not used to just pay bills, therefore the security measures.
Qwest In-Charge: For further assistance with payment processing or service restoral, please call the Credit Management Department at 1-800-423-8994. I apologize for this inconvenience.
ray: A big company like Qwest can't figure out how to do something like that. I'd bet Amazon could do it in a morning.
ray: Good bye
Qwest In-Charge: Thank you for using Qwest.com today. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you need further assistance, please click here for additional customer service options on Qwest.com. Learn how to surf safer and smarter online. Click here to visit the Incredible Internet site and get online safety certified.
Thank you for using Qwest.com. Your chat session has ended.
2:25 p.m. CDT, Friday, October 12, 2007

2 comments:

swissmiss said...

C'mon Ray, you are just too darn sensible!

After my father died I tried to cancel all his accounts. Discover wanted me to send a certified copy of his death certificate...can you believe it? I told them I would leave the account open and if someone stole my father's identity and used the card it would be on their nickel. Companies shouldn't make it so hard to help them out.

Unknown said...

SwissMiss

I knew all along that I could call them and pay my bill. In fact, that is what I did as soon as I left the chat with "Quest In-Charge."

I got to talk to a person (just say something that their very good voice activated computer won't understand and it switches you to a person) right away, she saw from my telephone number what my account was, didn't ask me for the number, asked me for my checking account routing numbers and said thank you.

Why can't their on-line division work like that?