Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A closer canonical look at the Schiavo-Centonze marriage

Dr. Edward Peters, canon lawyer, of In the Light of the Law blog takes another, non-binding, look at he earlier thoughts on the Schiavo--Centonze marriage:
I have expanded my earlier (23 Jan 2006) blog concerning potential canonical problems with the Schiavo-Centonze wedding and published those more developed observations in the Fellowship of Catholic Scholars Quarterly 29:2 (Summer 2006) pp. 6-8. Interested readers may click here for an on-line version of my "Canonical questions about the Schiavo-Centonze marriage". Together with my January 2004 essay from This Rock, these three short pieces set forth why I think that several important canonical and pastoral questions have been raised by a Schiavo-Centonze wedding taking place under Catholic auspices (21 Jan 2006).
[snip] More

No comments: